New Website and Favorite ASL Dictionary

Happy Summer, Everyone!


I hope everyone has been enjoying their time off from school. I have been taking some technology classes, but I have managed to find some time to do fun summer things as well! 


One of the things I have been doing during our classes is creating a website full of resources for my students, their parents, and classroom teachers who will have my students. While this blog will focus more on teaching tools and strategies, the website will also have a few teaching tips and tricks nestled inside. If you're interested in taking a look, you can find it here!



One of the best resources I found while doing research for this website is my new favorite ASL Dictionary. It is called HandSpeak. This probably isn't particularly new to everyone, but all of the signs I have clicked on so far have been accurate and regionally appropriate (I live in SC). I'm sure there are some in there that we may do differently, but I have trusted it so far! It also has more resources within its website beyond just a dictionary, such as fingerspelling practice, phrases, and lesson units. I have really enjoyed finding this!


I hope it helps some of you out as you work on ASL vocabulary with your students and their families! Enjoy the rest of your summer - I'll be back next year!


Comments